Thursday, July 19, 2012

An Open Letter to the PEOPLE OF EARTH,

I am tired. Tired of trying to be what others want or expect and then feeling like a disappointment when I don’t live up to their expectations. Your expectations are not my life.

I am who I am. I have screwed up and I have kicked ass. I will always try to speak my mind and say how I feel. I will always share my history and stories. I will always want others to learn from my mistakes or be inspired by my few but glorious triumphs. I will raise my child to learn from humanities shared history and to create her own opportunities, question everything and to not fear the unknown or the future. She will know the love and adoration, the respect and support she deserves. She will know that there is no white knight- you must be your own- rescue yourself. She will know that there is a true love for her- someone on the planet who is the other side of her coin and some day she will know them.

 Feel free to say what you want about me- hell, feel obligated. My true loved ones say things to my face or already accept me for who I am. Those who choose to talk behind my back are welcome too, none of it matters. None of it changes me. I change for myself- not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment